Reports to: Works Manager
The primary responsibility of a Welder is the welding and fabrication of bespoke projects. The candidate should be capable of MIG / MAG welding in both mild steel and stainless steel, oxygen acetylene burning and plasma cutting.
- Weld components in flat and vertical positions
- Monitor the fitting, burning and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Examine work pieces for defects, and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Report all non-conforming material to the Works Manager immediately.
- Ensure all assigned work is understood prior to commencing.
- Comply with standards and procedures of Bricesco Health & Safety Manual and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Complete housekeeping duties in assigned area or project area on a daily basis and/or when required.
- Complete assigned work within given timeframe and according to specifications.
- Complete required paperwork
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
- HS Education plus 2+ years experience with mild and stainless steel welding.
- Possess a solid understanding of welding equipment and welding accessories.
- Must be able to operate manual welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes.
- Must have the ability to weld in all positions with good penetration and quality.
- Must be able to read a tape measure, level, and square.
- Ability and willingness to follow directions as well as the ability to work independently.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Coded Welding would be an advantage
A welding test will be administered as part of the application process.
- Humidity level may be elevated during summer months
- Exposure to certain contaminants, at times.
- Exposure to loud noise levels, at times.
- This position requires continual use of your hands, considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials.
- Climbing on ladders, working on scaffolds to assemble structures or working in confined spaces, may be required at times.
- The use of safety equipment such as safety glasses, steel toed shoes, gloves, helmets and hearing protection is utilized daily.
- Must be able to lift and manoeuvre 50lbs without physical restrictions.
- This is a 40 hour per week job with occasional mandatory overtime.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV for consideration using the contact form below, or via email to email@example.com
Apply now by filling out the form below: