The primary responsibility of our “Buyer” is to liaise with company suppliers to obtain best prices and lead time on all orders to assist in the smooth running of our production.
Determining the purchasing needs of each contract, working with other parts of the organisation
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Buyer to purchase raw materials from provided engineering drawings. Bill of Materials is not necessarily provided and therefore the suitable candidate needs to have technical ability to read drawings and ideally qualified to Hnc level or equivalent in Engineering.
Based at Axcess 10, Unit 101 Bentley Road South, Wednesbury. WS10 8LQ
Responsibilities & Duties
- Obtaining Quotations from existing suppliers against pre requisite specifications
- Commercial negotiation with existing suppliers
- Purchase Order placement against pre requisite specifications
- Progress chasing or order status and deliveries and update Operations Director
- Control Material Certificates & Filing Manually & Electronically
- Preparation of delivery schedule forecasts
- Manage ‘Jobquest’ computer based Procurement System
- Preparation of Stage Payment schedules (in collaboration with Accounts Dept)
- The relationship development of existing suppliers
- Sourcing of New Suppliers
- Minimising cost base wherever possible
- Attending Meetings/Presentations with suppliers
- Liaison with internal design, manufacture, installation and commissioning departments to ensure contracts are carried out within estimate and in accordance with delivery schedule.
- Management of the company’s procurement records and registers.
- Attending Internal meetings and preparation of data for discussion/analysis.
- Exploring and pursuing areas in which the company might expand its existing procurement activities and opportunities for diversification of the company’s activities.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 3 years experience in similar role
- HNC in Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- IT knowledge (Excel)
- Good Self organisational skills
- Good Planning skills
- CIPS Qualification an advantage
How to Apply
Please submit your CV for consideration using the contact form below, or via email to email@example.com
Apply now by filling out the form below: